Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Additional honored heroes

Over the course of the fundraising for both Team In Training and Hike For Discovery, a number of people have indicated that they have had close friends and relatives who have been afflicted with a blood cancer. I'd like to mention them here and let them be additional honored heroes for my efforts.
  • The father of my late friend Justin Wojdacki has a close cousin with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (mentioned to me during my TNT training).
  • My wife's Aunt Brenda's first husband past away of a blood cancer (which I found out this past weekend).
  • My wife's Aunt Jeanette's contribution is in honor of her sister-in-law Mary Ruth Sanford, who is battling multi myeloma.
If you know someone with a blood cancer that you'd like to have me participate in honor or memory of, please let me know.

No comments: